SUNDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2018
- Arrival and registration
MONDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2018
7:30 am – 5pm Arrival & registration (cont.)
9:30am – 10am
- Introduction of participants
- Arrival of special guest
10:00 -12am Opening Ceremony:
- National Anthem of Ghana
- Introduction of Platform Guests
- Welcome address by Vice Chancellor: Professor Abdulai Salifu Asuro
- Address by the Regional Minister
- Keynote Speech by:
Mr. Barry Masoga – Executive Director, Education-Industry Exchange,
- Goodwill messages
- Official Opening and Speech by:
Special Guest of Honour – Minister of Education, Honourable Mathew Opoku Prempeh
- Vote of thanks by Rose Saan
12:00 -1:00 pm Group Photograph Session/Health Break
1:00 – 2:00 pm Lunch Break
2:00 – 3:30 pm Plenary Session: Chairman: Professor Seidu Alhassan, University for
Development Studies, Tamale
- Sustainable Development and Emerging Technologies – Executive Director, Caribbean Maritime Institute, Jamaica; Dr. Fritz Pinnock
- Technical Universities and Competency Based Training – COTVET
- Entrepreneurial Technical Universities–Professor Waswa Balunywa Principal-Makarere University Business School, Kampala, Uganda
- CAPA and how it impacts Polytechnics, Technical Universities and Industry – CAPA General Secretary; Dr. Olubunmi Owoso
- Sustainability of Technical Universities in Ghana – National Council for Tertiary Education – Ghana
3:30- 4:00Pm Coffee Break
4:00 -6:00pm Technical Session I – Sub-Theme: Sustainable Development and
- Pilot Scale Production and Assessment of Fuel From Plastic Waste – Robert D. Nagre, Johannes Ami, Kantavooro J. Yelevielbayire, Mahamadu Salia, Benjamin Boahen- Kumasi Technical University- Kumasi- Ghana
- Two-step Extraction of Pyrethrins from Pyrethrum Flower – Dr. Abdul-Rauf Ibrahim, Yan Zhen Hong and Hong-Tao Wang, Jun Li. Mechanical Engineering Department, School of Engineering, Tamale Polytechnic, Tamale, Ghana.
- Stocking Density: Implications on Microbial Properties, Water Quality Parameters and Growth of African Catfish, Clarias Gariepinus – Ajiboye Adebola Oluyinka and Falola Moyosoreoluwa Mary – Department of Animal Science and Fisheries Management, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, Nigeria
- Tree Injuries and Growth Condition of Five Commercial Trees in the Savanna Wood Lands, Tamale-Ghana – Kwaku Antwi, Enoch Gbapenuo Tampori, Desire Delle Domekyiir, Sadiq Mohammed Abubakar, Seidu Dokurugu, Abdul Aziz Abubakari Department of Wood Technology, Tamale Technical University, Tamale – Northern, Ghana
- Antioxidant Profile of Nigerian Morphotypes of Watermelon (Citrullus Lanatus L) Oloyede, F. M. and Olatunji, A. – Department of Agronomy, College of Agriculture, Osun-State University, Osogbo, Nigeria
4:00 -6:00pm Technical Session IIa– Sub-Theme: Sustainable Development and
- Examining the Role of Higher Learning Institutions in Leveraging Street Vending as Means to Sustainable Economic Development in Tanzania – Kirumirah Mubarack Hamidu; College of Business Education, P. O Box 1968 Dar e s salaam, Tanzania.
- Assessing the Adequacy of Welfare Facilities on Construction Sites In Ghana: A Study of Some Selected Sites at Kotoka International Airport, Accra-Ghana; Dok Yen, D. M., Nana Tabi, K. & Adinyira, E. – Department of Building Technology, Tamale Technical University, Tamale
- The Effect of Managerial Leadership Styles on Employees’ Job Commitment – George Sundagar Moses Wee; Nathaniel Amoah -Perez University College.Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- Assessing the Productive Efficiency among Smallholder Cowpea Farmers in Northern Ghana – Khalid Abdul-Manan1, Ayamga Michael and Gideon Danso-Abbeam; 1Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University for Development Studies, Tamale, Ghana.
- Supporting Social Interventions through CSR Foundations: An Assessment of The Websites of Telecommunications Companies in Ghana – Abdul Jelil, Abukari; Tamale Technical University – Tamale, Ghana.
- Revival of Indigenous Products in Contemporary Africa; An Evidence of Consumer Identity as an Antecedent of Co-Creation – Kofi Osei-Frimpong, Nathaniel Amoah, Paul Mensah Agyei, – Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration -GIMPA, Accra-Ghana.
TUESDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2018
8:30 – 10:30am Technical session IIb – Sub-Theme: Sustainable Development and Social
- Food Sustainability through Use of Procurement in Minimizing Food Waste in Stores at Selected Senior High Schools in Kumasi – Bismark Quarku Parker, Ernest Sarpong Addo and Aisha Owusu – Kumasi Technical University, Kumasi.
- The Mediating Role of Entrepreneurship Self-Efficacy on Pedagogy, Security and Sustainable Development among University Graduates in Kenya – Isaac Muiruri Gachanja. Lecturer, Mount Kenya University
- The Effect of Lean Adoption on Profitability of Real Estate Companies in Ghana – Salifu Osumanu, I. and Aigbavboa, C.O. and Thwala D.W. Department of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Community Participation in Educational Outcomes: The Case of Ibis Wing School Education Model in the Saboba District of Northern Region of Ghana – Alhassan, John Issah; Tamale Technical University – Department of Languages and Liberal Studies, Tamale.
- The Relationship between Motivation and Staff Performance of a Technical University in Ghana – Seimawu Iddrisu- Faculty of Business, TaTU and Sulemana Alhassan – Department of Secretaryship and Management Studies, TaTU
- Assessment of the Level of Worker Satisfaction on Welfare Provisions of Construction Sites in Ghana. Dok Yen, D. M., Nana Tabi, K. & Adinyira, – Department of Building Technology, Tamale Technical University, Tamale.
10:30 -11: 00am Health Break
TUESDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2018
8:30am-10: 30am Technical Session III – Sub-Theme: Sustainable Development and
- Information and Communication Technological Innovations and the Changing Trends in Indigenous Knowledge in African Societies – Collins Adu-Bempah Brobbey – Ghana institute of Journalism (GIJ), Accra, Ghana
- The Electronic Media as an Effective Tool For Islamic Broadcasts in Ghana –Dr. Hussein Ibrahim Mr. Mustapha Abdullah Kuyateh
- Developing Voip Facebook (Twitty) Using Asterisk and PHP – Arnold Mashud Abukari Tamale Technical University-Tamale, Ghana
- Politico-Cultural Dimensions Of Information Communication Technologies Applications in Ghana and The People’s Responses – Collins Adu-Bempah Brobbey (PhD) and Modestus Fosu (PhD) – Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) Accra- Ghana
- Assessing The Level of Awareness of Cervical Cancer among Female Students of Salaga Senior High School – Abdul Malik Bawah, Dason Mishael Suhuyini
Department of Statistics Mathematics & Science. Tamale Technical University, Ghana.
Tamale Teaching Hospital, Ghana.
10: 30 – 11am Health Break
11:00am – 1:00pm Technical session IV– Sub-Theme: Sustainable Development and Social
Sciences/Business and Applied Arts
- Evaluating the of Effects of Employee Motivation on Organizational Performance of XXX LTD – Abdul-Razak Abubakari and Bashirat Adam
Senior Lecturer, Tamale Technical University firstname.lastname@example.org 0244772040,
- Projecting the Ignored; Some Functions and Contexts of Traditional Pottery in Naakpili Community In Northern Ghana – Iddrisu Yussif and Saaka Sulemana. Department of Industrial Art, School of Applied Arts, Tamale Technical University, Tamale Ghana email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Critical Study of Effects of Appreciation of Cultural Values on the Youth in Peril-Urban Communities – Ahmed All-bany Baba, Tamale Technical University Tamale – Ghana. email@example.com
- Reexamining Product Advertising through Short Message Services (SMS) – Ibn Kailan AbdulHamid, Anas Sulemana and Ibrahim Sulemana
Department of Marketing, University of Professional Studies, Accra
Department of Marketing Tamale Technical University – Tamale
- The Positive Politeness Variable in TVET; the Case of Practitioners and Students in northern Ghana – Ibrahim James Gurindow M-minibo, Tamale Technical University, Languages & Liberal Studies Department, +233203845079, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessing the Contributions of Women Entrepreneurs in Business Development: A Case Study in The Tamale Metropolitan Area – Alhassan Baba Andani, Tamale Technical University, Tamale Ghana, email@example.com
1:00pm- 2:00pm Lunch Break
2:00 – 4:00pm Closing Ceremony
WEDNESDAY 14TH FEBRUARY, 2018
8:00am – 12:30pm Group Excursion – Township
12: 30-2:30 Lunch pack
8:00am – 4pm Group Excursion – Tongo Hills/lunch pack
THURSDAY 15TH FEBRUARY, 2018